Tips For Your First Day
If you plan ahead, a day on the slopes skiing/snowboarding can be one of the most memorable experiences of your winter!
Tips for Your First Day:
- We strongly recommend taking a lesson in order to get started out right and to have a good time on the snow! Click here for information on our lessons, including the First Time Beginner Lesson which is included with every lift ticket (ages 4+).
- Learn to ski and snowboard in control, and obey “Your Responsibility Code”. Click here for safety information and to familiarize yourself with “Your Responsibility Code”.
- Pick up a free trail map from the lodge and stay on terrain that is in your comfort zone.
- Be aware of the snow conditions and how they can change throughout the day (e.g. As conditions turn firm or icy, skiing/snowboarding gets harder and faster.) Begin each run slowly, so you can assess the conditions. Check out our daily Snow Report for information on conditions.
- If you're tired, stop skiing/snowboarding and take a break. Injuries usually result from fatigue, so be aware of your body and rest when needed. While resting, be sure to have a healthy snack to re-energize!
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after your day on the slopes. As with any physical activity, hydration is vital!
- Skiing/snowboarding require a mental and physical presence, so do not use drugs or alcohol while participating.
- When you’re not using your skis/snowboard, take advantage of our Free Ski/Board Check located on the lower deck outside the Rental Shop.
- Use our $0.50 coin lockers (located throughout the facilities) to secure your personal items.
- Most of all, have fun!
What to Wear:
In order to have a fun first day on the slopes, wearing weather appropriate clothing and gear is imperative.
- Properly fitted ski/snowboard helmet - Helmets are included with all rental purchases
- Waterproof gloves or mittens - Mittens are warmest
- Goggles or sunglasses - Goggles are recommended on cold, snowy or rainy days
- Water resistant winter coat and snow pants
- Wear warm layers that you can add or shed depending on the outside temperature - Cotton garments are not recommended for base layers, as they retain moisture
- Warm, long, dry, winter socks - Do not wear two pairs of socks
- Lip Balm
If you are in need of anything on this list, stop by the Loft Shop (located upstairs in the East Lodge) so you can be ready to stay warm and dry on the slopes! Click here for information on our Loft Shop.
What to Bring:
- Snacks, fruit, energy bars and other food to stay energized. Water bottle for hydration (a water fountain is located in the Main Lodge for refills). Coolers and outside food are permitted at Perfect North; however, we also have food and beverages in our Chow Corral, located in the Main Lodge. Click here for our menu and pricing.
- Wallet, cash or credit card
- Extra Clothes and shoes to change into when you're done
- Equipment (if you are not renting) - Skis, poles and ski boots or a snowboard and snowboard boots, along with a properly fitting helmet.
Where to go Upon Arrival:
- Upon arrival to Perfect North Slopes, follow the signs for the ski/snowboard area. Tubing is located on the right when you are driving in, and the ski/snowboard area is straight ahead.
- To ski/snowboard, you will first need to purchase a lift ticket for access to the snow. You will also need to purchase a rental form if you do not have your own equipment. Purchase lift tickets and rental forms at the Ticket Windows, located at the West Lodge. Ticketing Windows are located both inside and outside of the West Lodge – choose the lines that are the shortest to save time. Click here for information on lift ticket and rental pricing.
- Be sure to attach your lift ticket to your pants or jacket right away to avoid misplacing your lift ticket.
- After purchasing your lift ticket and rental form, proceed down to the Rental Shop to obtain the proper equipment. There are stairs directly left of the outside Ticket Windows, located on the outside of the West Lodge. Follow those stairs to the Rental Shop where our staff will be ready to assist you.
- Use our $0.50 coin lockers to secure all of your personal items you won’t be using while on the slopes (e.g. shoes, purse, keys, etc.). Lockers are located throughout the ski area for your convenience.
- Once you are ready to go, dressed for the weather and have your equipment from the Rental Shop, head outside directly to the snow. Meet our instructors at the Learn to Turn Area, just outside of the West Lodge on the snow, for your included First Time Beginner Lesson. Lessons are available every hour on the hour. Click here for information on our daily lessons.